More and more women are beset with the problem of losing their hair to the point of getting bald. I know that most men in their 30s experience this hair issue; however, I never realized that it can also occur to women like me.
Loss of hair among women can be attributed to a lot of factors:
• Stress plays an essential part in losing hair. It has been blamed for most of human diseases such as cancer, hypertension, coronary artery disease, back and neck pain, etc. Our hair is not exempted from the damage it creates. When we are under stress, our bodies give off some chemicals like adrenaline, which flows into our blood stream. Since our hair follicles are sensitive, they are damaged by this upsurge resulting to loss of hair. Nevertheless, it would be good to know that hair can go to its normal growth pattern once we are freed of stressful circumstances.
• Hormonal changes are a common thing among women. This starts at puberty and goes on until a woman reaches her menopausal stage. Hormonal imbalance in women can be generated by pregnancy, childbirth and miscarriage. These hormonal imbalances are also to be blamed for hair loss among the female gender.
• Major surgery or lingering diseases. The prescribed drugs that are to be taken after surgery or in treating chronic diseases result to the falling and thinning of hair. Diseases such hypertension, heart diseases, arthritis and depression can lead to hair loss. It is the same way with those who are going through chemotherapy or are taking birth control pills. Lingering diseases and major surgeries can exhaust or slow down the body’s energy reserves and affect hair growth.
• If there is male pattern baldness, there is also female pattern baldness, which is usually inherited from the genes of either parent. Almost a quarter of the female gender population is affected with female pattern baldness. It is, however, more likely to occur if both parents have this history. Female androgenic alopecia occurs slowly unlike in men. Hair starts to thin out over the scalp and spreads slowly as the hair continues to thin out.
• Undernourishment is another cause of hair loss among women. Our hair is made of keratin, a type of protein. The lack of protein in our food can lead to its damage as well as to its loss. It is because the protein will be preserved by our bodies leaving nothing for the hair. Hence, our hair suffers and will eventually fall.
If you noticed that your hair is starting to thin out, go to a doctor or a trichologist to treat this issue. Early diagnosis of hair problems will give you the chance of recovering the health of your hair. Wearing a wig is one of the most traditional ways of covering baldness. There is also the medication program where you will be prescribed to apply a hair lotion on your scalp. Another alternative is to have a hair transplant.
On the other hand, the cosmetics industry offers some products that induce the hair fibers to grow, known as hair building fibers. These miniscule keratin fibers are sprayed onto the thinning areas of the scalp, which encourages hair growth in a matter of seconds. Hence, your scalp gets to show natural fuller growing fuller hair. They are too small that no one will ever notice them on your scalp.
I would say that thinning hair is taboo among women. It signifies that one is getting old but also of a weak body system. So if you belong to the group of women with thinning hair, do not lose hope as there is a solution. You can still recover your hair if you wanted to.
Before you buy anything online, make sure you read more about the effects of Keratin treatments, and keratin hair building fibers
To find more quality information on keratin hair treatment, visit toppik hair products
Learn more about keratin hair products